Here’s a recipe that I have been cooking a lot lately. It is so simple and so delicious!
What you’ll need:
- Soy sauce
- White rice (I like jasmine!)
- Ginger dressing
- Black sesame seeds
- Sushi rice seasoning (like rice vinegar)
- Green Onions
- Fish (we use tuna [yellowfin, etc.], snapper, etc. – Tommy goes on a lot of fishing trips so our freezer is always full of fish!)
- Optional: Tofu
- First, I cook the rice in a rice cooker or you can cook it on the stove. Once the rice is done, I add the sushi rice seasoning. The back of the label on the sushi rice seasoning tells you how much to add to the rice.
- Marinate the fish in ginger dressing with a few splashes of soy sauce. You can also add lemon, salt and pepper to the marinade.
- Next, put the fish on the grill to cook. While the fish is cooking, slice up the green onions and avocado [you can also add water chestnuts, cucumber, etc.].
- Optional: you can also uses tofu – I don’t eat fish or meat so usually I put tofu on mine. I just take the tofu out of the container, slice it up on a plate and drizzle it with soy sauce and then sprinkle green onions on it. It’s delish!
- After the rice and fish cooks, you are ready to make your bowls! Just add whatever toppings you like to the rice and you’re done!